Wednesday, May 16, 2012


Welcome Friends (old and new)!

This is my first post on the start of my new blog "High Heels and Spray Paint."

Where to start... where to start. Well, how about a little about me?
I am a wife to my wonderful husband, Louis.  More importantly, I am a military wife. My husband has proudly been serving in the United States Coast Guard for more than 6 years.. with many, many more in our future. I am a mother to a rambunctious and hyper 13 month old named Liam. He is simply my pride and joy - and my reason for all in life!  Last but not least - the adoptive parent to a 100lb pound Bernese Mountain dog puppy - 7 month old Samson.  

Whats this blog about?  You may be wondering as the title is a bit confusing. Safe to safe I adore fashion - more importantly SHOES! I have a huge collection. But as a first time home buyer at our new duty station in Cape Cod, Massachusetts we have had to give up many of the luxuries we used to be able to afford. I discovered the world of 'Do It Yourself' projects and my mind went wild. Suddenly all of the items that appeared to be trash now became precious treasures! Thrift stores became more and more of a normal stop for me to find the items just waiting for a makeover - and place in my home! This is my journey. My journey to making this house we bought a home, a journey of turning every item I can into something new and amazing, and doing it on a tight budget. 

I will share with your my inspiration, my step by step project ideas, my failures (lets face it - there are always a few!) and even a some amazing deals here and there. Comments and thoughts are always welcome! 

Welcome to my house - mi casa su casa :)

Sincerely,
Kristin 

No comments:

Post a Comment